Shelter Online Store
8-5 Pacific time
You can order with VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, or AMERICAN EXPRESS using our safe and secure Shopping Cart from the product pages, or by clicking “ADD ITEM” next to products listed below and the clicking the "ADD TO CART" button..
NOTE: All credit card information you enter into our Shopping Cart is protected and secured by state-of-the-art encryption techniques.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with name of book(s), your telephone number, and your street shipping address. We will call you for the credit card information.
- Mail us a check or your credit card information, with the price of the book(s) plus shipping and handling, along with the name of book(s), your telephone number and your street shipping address. California residents add 8% sales tax.
||Shelter Publications, Inc.
Post Office Box 279
Bolinas, CA 94924
|“Bravo for your efficiency ! I ordered Shelters, Shacks and Shanties last Monday and it was in my mailbox in the south of France, this morning, Saturday via International 1st Class Mail. Thanks!”
What's the best address to use?
- The best billing address matches your credit card billing address.
- The best shipping address is one where someone is available during the day.
- Consider using a business address.
- A street address is better than a P.O. Box.
We ship via US Media Mail, US Priority Mail, or UPS, so please give us a street address (books sent to P.O. boxes will always be sent by US Mail).
Books are shipped via US Media Mail (cheapest, slowest) or US Priority Mail (more expensive, faster, tracking), depending on your preference.
Orders of 3 or more books are shipped UPS ground (more expensive, slower), due to the excess weight. Only UPS orders are trackable. If you haven't included a street delivery address, they go US Mail.
POSTERS are shipped separately from the rest of your order, rolled in a tube, and require a full additional shipping charge.
We recommend using 1st Class International. We are happy to ship anywhere in the world, but the reality is shipping can be extremely expensive. Your local bookshop may be able to order through our international distributors and save you money on shipping.
Library and school discount:
30% One or two books (please order by calling our office at (415) 868-0280).
30% Minimum purchase of 3-9 books
40% Minimum purchase of 10 or more books
Mixed orders OK. Call toll-free at 1-800-307-0131 for more information, shipping rates, or for a free catalog.